If you cannot see images at all on my site click here for an explanation
Home First Posted Oct 27, 2008
Jul 31, 2010

White Lightning

White Lightning

Once again, my trusted farrier, recommended the use of this product to treat white line disease. Our horses did not have white line, but we used it as a preventative. The horses, being barefoot, are inclined to wear away some of the unprotected, exposed hoof by the white line. Pebbles, dirt and debris tend to accumulate and pack in that area. To prevent white line disease and also seedy toe, we use the White Lightning. It has served us well!

White Lightning® is the active Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2) solution to Thrush, Skin Fungus and White Line Disease. Chlorine Dioxide has been demonstrated to be bactericidal, fungicidal, virucidal and sporicidal while remaining harmless to healthy tissue.

White Lightning® is safe to use, and unlike hypochlorite, does not produce toxic byproducts. Chlorine Dioxide is so safe, it is routinely added to orange juice and other consumer foods and beverages to kill contaminants and prevent spoilage. Chlorine Dioxide is even used by dentists in periodontal work. Not only is ClO2 safe, but it is up to seven times more effective than chlorine bleach.

Chlorine Dioxide is an unstable gas...meaning it cannot be stored in a container, but rather must be generated when needed. This is accomplished by adding equal amounts of White Lightning® to a mild acid such as white vinegar. A chemical reaction then occurs generating ClO2. After a period of time, all gas is released and the resulting liquid is inert and totally harmless. In the case of the White Lightning® Gel, the same reaction occurs. The Gel is easier to use and is the better choice in certain applications.


Home